Assurance Wireless phones, are one of the major phone companies who are offering free cell phones and minutes to the public. Lifeline provides discount phone service to low-income families. Many people who never asked for help before, need help and Assurance Wireless, is offering a free cell phone and free minutes, to anyone who meets the financial requirements. They also give you the option of purchasing more minutes if needed by using a credit, debit card or Virgin Mobile card.
Assurance Wireless and Lifeline
Assurance Wireless, is able to provide disadvantages customers with low-cost and free cell phone services, because of the FFCs Lifeline program. Lifeline has been providing discounts on phone services for eligible low-income customers since 1985. Everyone deserves to have the security that having a phone provides. Before 1985 Lifeline provided free and discount phone services for land line phones. With the evolution of phone service, from land lines, to wireless and cell phones, phones and services are more affordable. Still there are people who can not afford even basic phone services. (Lifeline)
How to Qualify for Assurance Wireless Phone Service
Many people may feel that because they are working, they are not eligible for a free government phone. Actually, eligibility is not determined by whether you work or not; but by the gross income of your family. If your total family income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, you family can receive one phone and services.
You will qualify if you are receiving:
- Section 8
- Work First
- SNAPs/Food Stamps
- Crisis Intervention Program
- Low Income Energy Program
- National Free lunch program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
You will receive one cell phone and 250 minutes each month. Once service is activated, you receive your minutes monthly. You also receive nationwide service, caller ID, call waiting, 911 and free customer service.
“If you want to add money to your phone you can add $5, $20.”
You can receive additional minutes for a small fees. for 500 additions minutes the cost is $5 month. for n additional 750 minutes and text messaging month, the cost is $20.
1. The most cost-effective plan would be UNLIMITED Talk, Text, and Internet for $30 a month. This is one of the cheapest plans around. You don’t have to worry about overages again!
2. For an additional $20 each month you can get an additional 1000 minutes and 1000 text messages, along with your basic free 25 minutes and texts, for a total of 1250 minutes and texts.
3. For an additional $20 each month you can purchase an additional 750 minutes and texts messages along with your basic free 250 minutes and texts, for an additional 1000 minutes and texts.
4. You can get and additional 500 minutes and text messages for a mere $5 each month.
How to Apply
To apply, go to the Assurance Wireless website and download and application or call their toll free number to request and application be mailed to you. You application must be accompanied by proof of income, by submitting, current payment stubs, W-2 forms, or certification from the program you are receiving assistance from.
Call or visit:
Start application process HERE