The economic situation has been improving in the US, but there are still a lot of people, who are struggling. Some of the hardest working people, can not able to provide for the basic needs of their families. Safelink, is providing free government cell phones in Arizona, through the Lifeline Program. They offer a free cell phone and 250 drop off or carryover minutes. You have the option of using most Tracfone cells phones include the free one offered. You can add minutes with a Tracefone phone card which are sold in many drug stores grocery stores and majors chains such as Wal-Mart, and KMart.
Free Government Cell Phones in Arizona
You are eligible for the government phone in Arizona if you receive benefits from most government assistance programs, or if your gross family income is at or below 135% of the US Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you are getting assistance from the programs listed below, you may be eligible to get a government cell phone free, with monthly minutes.
- Section 8 Housing
- National Free School Lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- State Child Health Insurance Plan/KIDCARE
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Cell phone providers are serving Arizona: