Free Government Smartphones. You can now get smartphones and free the best touchscreen government phones. The best free government phone is the Smartphone or touchscreen Android. Standard and flip phones are on the decline as phone users want more efficient and modern phones. Today Lifeline phone providers like QLink Wireless and Safelink Wireless make free smartphones available to new clients or old client who upgrades services.
Assurance Wireless, however, gives all users free Android phone with wireless access. Standard and flip phones are on the decline as phone users want more efficient and modern phones. Today Lifeline phone providers are making smartphones accessible when upgrading your service. However, Assurance Wireless gives all new customers a free Android phone with wireless access. These subsidized phones will make it easier for those who are struggling to make ends meet, and help low-income adults who work or getting back to work to manage information more effectively.
Here is a List of Companies that offer Free Government Smartphones
Q Link Wireless
- Q link wireless This company offers smartphones to all new users on the program. As with most providers, if you have an older phone you can upgrade to or more modern Smartphone. QLink now offers 1 GB of free data along with 1000 monthly minutes and unlimited texting. (more)
- Access Wireless is also a major company in the free government phone program. Their great appeal is that they offer free touchscreen government phones issued to new enrollees. They additionally offer upgrades to users with basic phones. Their free program offers 1000 minutes talk, unlimited text, and 50 MB data. They also have discount paid plans for those who don’t qualify for the Lifeline program. Unlimited Talk & Text, no data, wifi $20, unlimited Talk & Text, 3 GB Plan, $35, 10 GB data, unlimited Talk & Text, $50. They also offer a bring your own phone (BYOP) (more)
- Safelink Wireless is another major company in the free cell service market. They off clients the opportunity to upgrade to a touchscreen government phones. Now you can upgrade for as little as $39. Choose to bring your own phone or choose from a few dozen phones they offer for sale. (more)
- This is not a major cellular company but has grown from a regional to a nationwide provider. It has changed names through the years but strives to maintain reliable service to the community. They offer free 5-inch Smartphone, up to 3 GB monthly data, unlimited talk & text. TruConnect offers free touchscreen phones. (more)
- This company is a nationwide 4G LTE network, and one of the big free providers in the program. Assurance wireless is a branch of Virgin mobile and the offer free Android Smartphones to new customers. (more)
- This is a regional cell phone company based in Oklahoma. They provide Lifeline discounted cell phone service to low-income consumers in, Arkansas, Maryland, Rhode Island, and Texas. (more)
- Life Wireless works with the Lifeline Assistance Program to offers smartphones and free cell phone services to the residents of Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, and West Virginia. (more)
- Tag Mobile, is a Lifeline participant who covers the residents of Arkansas and Louisiana. You may qualify to receive Lifeline assistance, if you receive assistance, from one or more government programs, or your gross family income falls within or below the federal poverty guidelines. (more)
- This provider is one of the top mobile providers in the Lifeline program. There were one of the first to offer free phone service and has remained a leader in the industry. They offer free touchscreen government phones and smartphones along with free service and other benefits. Don’t expect an iPhone 10 or lasts Samsung or Motorola models, but you can get a phone that is head and shoulders above the first phones they used to offer. If you started the phone before, you have the opportunity to upgrade to the smartphones/touchscreen phone.
Free Government Smartphones
Most Lifeline providers offer Smartphones as a way to give customers as a way to keep up with the growing cellular technology. Of course, if you purchase your own phone you have more options. The Lifeline program is constantly keeping up with new technology and modes of communication. They are also, now offering low-cost and free internet services. Companies that offer smartphones. They are not only good for making emergency calls, scheduling important appointments.
Smartphones Application are Beneficial. They can be used to:
- Organization of information
- Take Photos and videos
- Read books and magazines
- Listen to podcasts
- Send text messages
- Send voice messages
- Online banking and shopping
- Schedule appointments and set reminders
- Set up Business profiles (Linked In)
What is The Lifeline Program?
Lifeline is a government program that gives low-income adults with free phone and phone services. This service is available to consumers who qualify financially. Lifeline is dedicated to helping low-income, elderly and disabled get affordable phone service, cheap Internet, and computers. Lifeline also covers previously recognized reservations in Oklahoma, Alaska, and Hawaiian Homelands. Also, disadvantaged consumers living on an Indian Tribe’s reservation, pueblo, or colonies recognized by the federal government also qualify.
Free Government Smartphones when you Upgrade
Customers that sign up for the Lifeline Assistance service will receive 250 minutes per month that they can use. Smartphones are not a part of the sign-up package, however, you can purchase one when you upgrade. If you need assistance when enrolling Lifeline’s agents can help to set up services. There is also a list of cellular companies authorized to work with the program. They will also show you how to qualify and apply for the program, add any extra minutes, how to upgrade and compatible phones.
To find out how to find a compatible phone. go to the company site and look for ‘Upgrades”. If there is no upgrade section, then call or email the company. You can purchase the phone from the provider, or at a provider’s store. Walmart, Best Buy, Target and just about anywhere they sell telecommunications products. Make sure it works well with your service.
Qualifying for a Phone is Easy
You may qualify for a free government Smartphones, if you qualify financially or if you receive assistance from a government aid program, such as SNAP, SSI, Section 8, SSI, TANF, Work First, LIHEAP, etc. When you apply, proof of income is required. If you are eligible for a phone you can receive 350 or more free talk and text minutes. Like other free phone programs, you will receive free text messaging, voice mail and call waiting, an ability to add minutes, call 911 and 211.