Cellular One Lifeline, provides federally subsidized cell phone service through the Lifeline Assistance program. Cellular One Lifeline is extended to low-income families and individuals of tribal lands, in Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. The function of the Lifeline Assistance Program is to make free and low-cost phone service available to disadvantaged consumers. The program began as a subsidy for landline service to rural and the elderly. Today Lifeline covers landline and cell phone services.
Lifeline is a federal government program open to financially qualified persons in the United States and US Territories. To be eligible you must participate in a government assistance program or income at or below the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines. The Cellular One phone package includes free cell phone local air minutes and texting. The Lifeline program in its infancy provided millions of low-income consumers with home landline services. They also offered a credit for initial set up fees, for new phone service.
Cellular One Lifeline Phone Assistance
Clients are pre-screened to determine eligibility. Those applying for help must present documentation proving they are financially eligible, and only one phone line is allowed per household. A household is a group of related people, living in one location. These services can not be transferred to a secondary party. Any false statements made to receive these services can cause banning from the program.Do you Qualify for Free Service with Cellular One? If you are receiving any of the following benefits, you may be eligible:
- Tribal General Assistance
- Tribal Food Distribution Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- Navajo Nation Program for Self Reliance
- Supplemental Nutrition Asst Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance – Section 8
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Proof of Eligibility
- Statement from SSI or Disability
- Recent payroll stubs – three months
- Previous year’s W-2 Returns
- Statement from Social Security Benefits
- A Picture Identification and proof of address
Many families qualify for free landline and cellular service even if you work. If you think you are eligible, please check see if you qualify. You may also qualify when your gross family monthly or yearly income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. There has been fraud and waste associated with the government phone program. New measures have been put into place in the attempt to curtail losses.
You will need to provide proof of your income, at the time you apply for a free government phones. Please be ready to submit:
- Proof of Address
- Recent Federal Tax Return
- Three current payroll statement
- Federal/State Government-Issued ID
- Unemployment/Workman’s Compensation benefits letter
- Letter from Department of Social Services or SNAPS, Veteran’s Administration, Social Security Benefits
Income Based – Covers low-income families that do now qualify for totally free service.
Lifeline Program – For participants of federal or state assistance programs, TANF, SNAP, Medicaid, or other programs.
Free4Life Plan includes a free Smartphone and one $30 gift card. Free local minutes and data.
- To qualify for this plan you need to live in the area Providing CellularOne service. You have to receive assistance from one or more of the assistance programs listed above and you must live on tribal lands. This plan is only available to Native American consumers. If comes with 600 local anytime minutes for a 12 month period.
The FreedomFone Plan comes with one $20 GIFT CARD 300 any network minutes and 1000 SMS.
- This program is not limited to Native Americans, but low-income consumers from participating states. The plan includes 350 anytime minutes a month for a 12-month plan. There is a $3.00 one-time fee.
Once you receive you FlexFone, it needs to be activated by an authorized Cellular One agent, or a Cellular One store in your community. A phone number will be given to you which can not be changed. You cell phone will only work with Cellular One service. You will be able to make calls to cell phones and landlines and send text messages.