Free Talk Text Wifi. Free cell phones help millions in America every day. Have you ever wondered how do I get a free cell phone from the government?” Today the Lifeline phone program offers not only free cell phones but free talk, text & wifi. But now you can get much more, depending on the cellular provider you choose. There are dozens of Lifeline cell phone providers, all across the United States.
You have access to phone upgrades to smartphones and even wi-fi access to choose from.
Assurance Wireless, QLink Wireless, and SafeLink Wireless were some of the first phone companies working with the Lifeline program. Today there are countless cellular companies hawking free government phones.
Which Companies Offer Free Cell Phones & Talk Text WiFi?
Let’s face it, free cell phones are big business for the phone companies and to keep up with the demand and technology, companies are offering more. Guess what? You benefit from this competition! Find out here which of these companies offers Androids and Smartphones.
All the phones are similar in appearance and features. Look for the providers operating in your state and compare companies. Basically, the decision is yours. You may conveniently purchase more time, online, by phone or by many convenient locations.
Here are just a few of the phone companies that offer WiF data plans:
- American Assistance
- Assurance Wireless (Android Smartphones)
- Tag Wireless
- TerrreCom Wireless
How to get a Free Talk Text Wifi
- Different providers cover different states. You will first need to find out which phone companies cover your state. New providers are popping up everywhere. You can look at our list of cell phone providers, or go the FCC website for more information.
- Check to see which providers are in your state. Once you locate a provider in your state, Google the company to see the reviews about the company. Just type in the name of the company followed by the word reviews. If you read a lot of complaints, don’t get discouraged, go to the next provider on the list in your area.
When you find a company you like, check out how to contact them and the different plans they offer you. Some companies have promotions and offer extra benefits to new applicants.
- When you have made your choice, go their website for find out the different way to apply. You can usually apply online or by regular mail. When you apply for a free cell phone, it is required that you submit documents to prove you are eligible to receive a free cell phone.
This is determined by your gross family income or if you are presently receiving assistance from a government program. When your application is approved or disapproved, you will receive an automatic phone call or an email followed by a letter. Receiving your phone should take from seven to ten days. Some have reported a longer waiting period.
You Qualify for a Free Cell Phones with free talk text wifi if:
- You fall within or below federal poverty guidelines, you qualify
- No one else in your home is receiving Lifeline phone service
- You live in a state where the program is offered
You may also qualify if you receive assistance from a government poverty program like:
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
Free Cell Phones – How to Apply
Find the website of the provider you are interested in, and fill out an application, also submit proof of identity and financial status. Acceptable documentation includes payroll stubs, letter of unemployment benefits, letter from government programs you are receiving help from, Disability benefits, W-2 forms from the previous year.
Online enrollment is quick and easy. You can also call to request an application be sent to you. If you receive help from a government poverty agency, you will most likely qualify. Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed and if approved, you will receive an email response or phone call.
It will take up to 10 business days to receive you a new phone with accessories. Some providers now offer older model smartphones. Locate a free cell phone company in your area. Do your research to make sure the company you choose offers all three, free talk text and wifi.