Blue Jay Wireless government cell phones. Blue Jay Wireless is a phone provider making phone services available to, low-income and disadvantaged consumers, through Lifeline. They service, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin, and Utah.
Lifeline, a government subsidy program, working with the FCC, to provide cellular phones to every state, territory, commonwealth, and on Tribal lands. Criteria vary from state to state, but the main goal is to provide affordable, phone services to low-income and disadvantaged consumers.
Government Cell Phones
Blue Jay Wireless has joined with The Samaritan Inn program, to provide affordable phones, to low-income families. Samaritan Inn is an outreach dedicated to helping the disadvantaged become self-sufficient and regain dignity! The Samaritan Inn, in McKinney, Texas, is a program dedicated to helping the homeless by teaching life skill and providing opportunities for employment.
How to Qualify for Blue Jay Wireless Phones
- Food Stamps – SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI
- Federal Public Housing Assistance – Section 8
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families – TANF
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program – LIHEAP
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
If you receive assistance from a Federal or state relief from any of the agencies above your may qualify for help. It is good to know, these government cell phones, are not extended only to the unemployed, but you may still qualify if your gross family is at or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
How to Apply
Find your state and download the application to find requirements in your state. You may also provide a copy of your benefits letter or, ID from you assistance program. You must confirm you do not presently receive phone service from another provider. Mail and fax your information to Blue Jay Wireless.
- 125 free rollover minutes with one minute deducted for each text sent and received.
- 250 free minutes with one minute deducted for each text sent and received.
- (Oklahoma Only) 500 anytime minutes is $5.00 a month, with one minute deducted for each text sent and received. Minutes that are not used during the month will be lost. Fees and taxes apply.
- Tribal Residents receive unlimited talk each month plus fees and taxes. Minutes do not roll over.
- Tribal 1000 minutes plans are $1.00 plus fees and taxes. Unused minutes do not roll over. Tribal customer must enter a one-year contract.
How to Purchasing Air Time
Adding Minutes your Bluejay Wireless service is inexpensive. You can get an additional 100 minutes and text for $5.00 extra minutes and texts for $10 and 500 minutes and texts for $20.
If you’re interested in another phone provider that covers your state, try Life Wireless.
Blue Jay Wireless, is now expanding their services to cover the state of Kentucky!
Contact Here is a list of compatible phones and User Manuals for BlueJay Wireless Units
BlueJay Wireless for a copy of the user manuals for their phones.
5048 Addison Circle, Addison, TX 75001
Corporate: (972) 788-8860
Customer Support: (855) 425-8529