Find out how to qualify for a free government phone – We will show you how to locate and apply with cell phone providers in your states. No contracts, credit checks, and no money down. We will show you who qualifies for a free government cell phone, how to replace a lost phone, and more. Some call them Obamaphones, but that is a misnomer. The program started during the administration of George W. Bush. Nevertheless, the program is still going strong and you can get a phone if you qualify financially.
You may be surprised to know that you may qualify for a free cell phone, even if you work. The program helps the elderly, unemployed, veterans and disabled, with low-cost or free phone service. Find out how to get free government phone service for life. The Lifeline Assistance Program has companies in every U.S. state. The Lifeline program works with the government, and wireless companies, to provide free cell phones and service, to low-income families.
What Benefits Do I Receive with a Free Government Phone?
Each person that qualifies, receives a free cell phone a free Smartphone, free talk, text, Data, Wifi and free minutes. Benefits vary from state to state. So, look for a phone provider that offers the best benefits but also has a record of good customer service. The funding for the program comes from the Universal Service Fund fee, charged on cell phones. If you are receiving government assistance or participating in any government poverty program, you may qualify.
This is How to Get A Free Government Phone
- Locate a government phone provider in your state
- Fill out an application online, or by mail
- Provide proof of identity
- Submit proof of income, or
- Provide a letter from a government agency, or
- Payroll stubs
- Wait to be approved
- Receive your free cell phone
If you qualify financially, you will find it pretty easy to apply. You must provide proof that you are eligible when you apply for a free phone. Each application must be submitted with proof you are financially eligible. You must submit, payroll stubs, W-2 forms, or a letter from the government agency that is helping yours. There may be slight variations depending on the which state you live in.
These rules have been put in place to help stop fraud and abuse that has been associated with the program. To get a free phone your income must be 135% or less the federal poverty guidelines requirements. Eligibility is also measured by the size of your household and state. The program also required that you show proof of income, or identity documentation indicating you receive help from a government assistance agency.
You qualify financially when you receive:
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program.
Who Are the Best Free Cell Phone Providers?
Click on the list of free cell phone providers below. There you will find many great phone companies, with great service. Major companies like
There are also dozens of regional and national providers across the U.S., Indian Lands and Territories. Find a cell phone provider in your state, here. Go to the website to fill out an application.
Steps to Getting A Free Cell Phone
- Check if you qualify You may qualify for a free phone if your income qualifies even if you work you may qualify.
- Find a Provider There are providers all across the US and US Territories. Find one that has the best benefits to meet your needs.
- Fill out an application Once you find a provider go to their site and apply online.
- Submit documentation
- You will be notified when you are approved
- Wait for your phone
What If I Don’t Qualify for a Government Phone?
If you don’t qualify for a free cell phone, there are many prepaid phone providers. Also, Lifeline cell phone providers also offer affordable, low-cost phone plans. With prepaid phone plans,
- You will only pay for the minutes you use.
- No hidden fees, or unexpected overages
- There are dozens of prepaid companies from which to choose.
- Airtime cards, available at department stores, drug stores, and grocery store
What are some of the Prepaid Cell Phone Companies?
- Consumer Cellular– Plans start at $10 a month
- Chitchat Mobile – Basic Package $9.99 a month, Unlimited Plan $19.99 a month
- Straight Talk – 1,000 Talk and text $30 a month, the internet
- TMobile – Pay as you go, in advance and by the day plans
- Tracfone – Cards from $10.00 and up and bonus minutes available
- Virgin Mobile – Unlimited talk and text $35
You or someone you know may qualify for a government phone. Ask us how to apply and qualify today!