Several free cell phone providers service the residents of the great state of Mississippi. You may qualify for free a government phone plan. That’s right, a free phone and minutes every single month you are eligible. The Lifeline government phone program has been helping low-income consumers since the 1980s, and they continue to help, as they expand services such as discount Internet broadband.
Mississippi is struggling, like many states to improve their economy. However, there are still far too many residents that are unemployed. There are also many working low-paying jobs or part-time hours. Putting them in the category of the working poor. Funny, the misconception about those who receive free government phones is that they are lazy people who don’t work and want something for nothing. It is far from the truth. These phones help families stay connected to the resources needed to care for their families.
This government subsidy is located across the Internet, Alaska and Hawaii and U.S. Territories. Today, millions of families have access to reliable free or low-cost phone services. If you do not qualify for no-cost phone service, there are other phone plans that may suit you.
Free Cell Phone Providers in Mississippi
You may also qualify for a free government phone if you work and your gross monthly or yearly income is at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- AT&T Mobility – formerly Cingular Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Reachout Wireless
- Century Link
Lifeline and Free Cell Phone Providers
This government program is funded by the Lifeline Assistance Program. The program has grown a great deal since its beginning. Now you can find cellular providers in every state. “Where does the money for this program come from?” you may ask.
The financing for Lifeline program comes from a Universal Service Fund fee, that everyone is charged on their landline and cell phone service. If you receive assistance from at least one of the government agencies listed here, you may qualify for a free government phone.
How do you get a free phone you may ask? You may be eligible, if you qualify financially, according to the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines. That means, if your income is at or below a certain amount, you qualify for assistance not only with a free phone but discount the Internet.
These benefits are made possible through the Lifeline Assistance program, to affordable phone services to low-income and disadvantaged residents of the state.
Do you Qualify for a Free Cell Phone?
You are eligible for a government phone if:
- You gross family income is at or below federal poverty guidelines
- There is no one in the home currently enrolled in the Lifeline phone program
- You live in a state where the program is offered
You may be eligible when you receive:
- Food stamps/SNAP
- Medicaid Assistance
- Veteran’s disability
- The National free school lunch program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Head Start (if income eligibility criteria are met)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance – Section 8
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
How to Apply?
If you believe you meet the standard necessary to receive a cellular phone, contact one of the free cell phone providers listed in this post. Go to each website to compare benefits and plans that are offered. You can play online, by fax or by mail.
When you apply for a Lifeline plan, please be prepared to submit proof of income such as:
- Last year’s Federal Tax Return
- Unemployment/Workman’s Benefits statement
- Three recent payroll stubs or income statement from an employer
- Income letters from the Department of Social Services or SNAPS, WIC, SSI, LIHEAP, etc.
Airwalk Wireless is a phone provider working with the Affordable Connectivity and Lifeline federal programs. Airwalk offers free iPhone 7, Galaxy, and other smartphones unlimited monthly talk,...
Are you unemployed, have been laid off, or working part-time? You may qualify for a free government phone. A lot has been going on in the county since this new pandemic. There is no one it has not...