FeelSafe Wireless Government Phones. FeelSafe is a Lifeline phone provider that provides phone service to residents of California, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. Like other free government phone providers, you receive a free cell phone and service, including 500MB of Data every month you qualify. This program helps low-income families stay connected with family friends and necessary services.
What is Lifeline Assistance?
The Lifeline program has been providing discount and free phone services to disadvantaged consumers for decades. This ensures that no one is left behind no matter their income status. All families and individuals that meet the US Federal Poverty Guidelines. The Lifeline program is available to eligible consumers who qualify as a low-income household. FeelSafe is available in all US states, territories, commonwealths and Tribal lands. There are restrictions to this program
- You must qualify financially
- Only one phone per family
- Provide proof of eligibility is required
- Recertification is required each year to continue their services
How do you qualify for FeelSafe Wireless Government Phones?
You are eligible for a FeelSafe phone if your gross family income is at below 135% of the US Federal Poverty Guidelines. That means you can work and be able to receive free cellular services. You are also eligible when you or someone in your household is participating in government programs such as,
- A child enrolled in Head Start
- Section 8 or Public Housing
- Supplement Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veterans Pension or children and spouses of veterans
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Programs and live on Tribal lands recognized by the government
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
FeelSafe Benefits For Each State They Cover
California – Unlimited talk and text or unlimited talk, text & MMS 2BG Data
and 100 International SMS
Kentucky – 1000 talk, 500 texts, 500 MB
Michigan – 1000 talk, 500 texts, and 500 MB Data
Mississippi – 1000 talk, 500, text, and 500 MB Data
Oklahoma – Tribal unlimited talk MMS text, Non-tribal 1000 talk, 500 texts, and 500 MB Data
Pennsylvania – 1000 talk, 500 texts, and 500 MB Data
South Carolina – 1000 talk, 500 texts, and 500 MB Data
Wisconsin – 1000 talk, 500 texts, and 500 MB Data
All plans include 911, voice mail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-way calling, Text Messaging
Call Forwarding and the ability to purchase additional time or minutes.
How to Apply For A FeelSafe Wireless Cell Phone
You can apply with FeelSafe by going to their website and filling out and faxing or mailing your application, along with proof of income or financial status.
- A current Federal Tax Return (W-2 Forms)
- A letter from Unemployment/Workman’s Compensation
- A payroll statement or current check stubs from your job
- A Statement from the following: Department of Social Services or SNAPS, Veteran’s Administration, Social Security or Unemployment Benefits.