“We will show you how to apply for a free cell phone and service each month. We also have an extended list of Lifeline phone providers, and the benefits they offer! ”
Free government cell phones, are available to low-income residents through the Lifeline program. Phones in themselves won’t stop financial difficulties, but they do help, deserving families who struggle every day. In this economy, it is good to know Lifeline provides phone service for low-income families and those receiving government assistance.
We are now seeing improvements in the economy, and companies are hiring again. However, there are too many people, out of work or under-employed. If you need a little help, we will show you how to qualify for this government benefit, even if you work. Find out which Lifeline companies are in your state?
Get a Free Government Cell Phone
Mobile phones, are not a luxury, they are a necessity, in the fast paced world we live in! This is the way we communicate, at home and throughout our day. Can you imagine living your life without one? Everyone will at one time or another need to:
- Make a doctor, or other important appointments
- Call your boss if you are late for work or out sick
- Keep in touch with children, sick or elderly family members
- Call 911 when you have an emergency
The good news is you can receive a phone, and up to 250 minutes each month. See if you qualify financially.
Find out How to:
- Find authorized companies
- How to apply and qualify
- Add extra minutes
- Receive up to 250 minutes a month
- Upgrade your services, and more!
If you already receive benefits from welfare, you should definitely apply for Lifeline assistance. If you are working, check US Poverty Guideline to see if you are eligible. These legitimate benefits are available to anyone who qualifies financially. You may even upgrade to a smartphone when you upgrade. Discover how to get a smartphone, and what companies offer them.
Do you Qualify?
The Federal Communication Commission established the Lifeline phone program, to help disadvantaged consumers. Eligibility is similar through the U.S. with variations depending on the state. If you participate in a federal poverty program, you will likely be eligible for this benefit. You may qualify if you receive:
- Food Stamps – SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI
- Federal Public Housing Assistance – Section 8
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families – TANF
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program – LIHEAP
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
Find a Free Cell Phone Provider
Find a provider in your state, register online, or download an application and fax or mail it to the company, with proof you are eligible. Policy rules vary, depending on the phone provider, and the state you live in. You will receive a cell phone, 250 minutes or more, text messaging, call waiting, voice mail, long distance, and charger.
How Free Government Phones Began
Lifeline, has been subsidizing communication services for low-income Americans since 1985. Lifeline phone service along with the FCC help the financially disadvantaged. The funding for the program comes from Universal Service Fund fee, charged on all land line and portable service. A phone, gives you the freedom and peace of mind, that comes with having a reliable means of communication. They help eliminate fear and isolation that comes with being isolated. These service also puts users in contacting rescue, and abuse hotlines for battered women.
UPDATE: Because of issues of fraud, you are now required to provide proof of income or enrollment in an assistance program. To prove eligibility, provide one of the following documents when applying:
- A current Federal Tax Return (W-2 Forms)
- A letter from Unemployment/Workman’s Compensation
- A payroll statement or current check stubs from your job
- A Statement from the following: Department of Social Services or SNAPS, Veteran’s Administration, Social Security Benefits.